Established in 1213 by General Recherla Rudra, Ramappa Temple is situated in Palmpur village in Warangal District in Telangana. It is a medieval temple, which is devoted to Lord Shiva and named after the sculptor Ramappa. The temple reflects the architectural brilliance of the ancient India, as it features with a host of sculptors and artistic carvings on stones.
Sculptors in the temple
The three gates of the temple feature with statues of dancing girls also known as Mandakinis, which are made of black basalt. There are four statues of dancing girls at each gate, thus there are total of 12 dancing girl statues in the temple, which are standing elegantly in different dancing poses. The interior of the temple is composed of the pillars which are carved into perfection with exquisite carvings. The roof of the temple comes with the idol of Nandi. The entire premises of the temple comprise of several ruined structures such as Kateswara, Kameswara and Rudreswara.
When and how to visit?
The best time to visit the temple is during Maha Shivaratri, which is celebrated here with full joy and enjoyment for three days. It is very easy to reach the temple as it is located 19 kilometers from MuluguMandal and 195 kilometers from Hyderabad.